Sunday, October 14, 2012

random middle of the night post!

don't you just love those nights when you can't sleep----no matter how hard you try!?

ugh it's almost 3:30am, I've been trying to fall asleep for 3 hours! I've been on Pinterest (most addicting app ever!) and found something really interesting that I absolutely LOVED so I thought I'd share it :)


I loved this picture because I could relate to it...my sister has been battling an eating disorder for the past 7 years, since she was 10; she was in recovery and this past week she began the process for, again, being admitted to clinic at Hasbro for relapsing.
I believe eating disorders are a feminist issue. They speak to low self esteem which stems from feeling like you have a lack of control. Men and society place such emphasis on unattainable beauty that men and society are basically controlling women, ugh!

someday I hope that women (&men too who suffer from eating disorders) will realize BEAUTY IS NOT A SIZE!

No comments:

Post a Comment