Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gay people can own homes too! (random blog)

so today I was in Massachusetts with my family and we were passing by this old mansion that my church used to use for like teen retreats and such.

I happened to really like this old house and was talking about it with my dad and he told me the MOST ABSURD story!

this old house is owned by the Catholic diocese and they had put the house up for sale. apparently a gay couple came to look at the house and made an offer on it. THE DIOCESE REJECTED THEIR OFFER because they refused to sell the home to a gay couple because it was owned by Catholics who are against gay marriage.

so now this couple is suing the diocese.
UGH this made me so angry; I am a practicing Catholic and never in my life would I refuse to sell something to someone just because they're gay!

I just figured I'd share that with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I can't believe they actually would do that. I'm also a practicing Catholic and I completely agree with you! This goes to show that somethings just won't ever change sadly.

    ReplyDelete