Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"I'm Gay & Unapologetic!"


So I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday (Monday) and Thursday I'm having some contraption put on my head to test my brain activity for the migraines I've been getting since I was 13 (SUPER FUN WEEK RIGHT!?) 
SOOOO I'm out of classes & work until next week and because my cheeks are the size of basketballs & the contraption I'm getting put on is going to make me look like a robot mummy (picture someone with wires attached to their head and wrapped in a bajillion layers of medical tape & gauze...got that image? that's what I'll be looking like for 4 days!)   I will be cooped up in my bedroom for the next 6 or 7 days.

SOOOOO while I was laying in bed today...
I was doing some research on available internships for this coming summer (I'm really trying to get an internship at the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) headquarters in New York) and I came across this article written by Troy Roness, one of their members.
I found the article (below is a link) really interesting because it not only dealt with people accepting his eating disorder but also accepting him as a member of the LGBT community.  In his article he talks about coming out as a gay, Christian man with an eating disorder and the obstacles he had to overcome.  He's an amazing writer/ speaker so check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment